Python GBIF Client¶
Python client for the GBIF API.
pygbif is split up into modules for each of the major groups of API methods.
- Registry - Datasets, Nodes, Installations, Networks, Organizations - Registry API Docs
- Species - Taxonomic names - Species API Docs
- Occurrences - Occurrence data, including the download API - Occurrences API Docs
Note that GBIF maps API is not included in pygbif.
Other GBIF clients:
- R: rgbif
pip install pygbif
from pygbif import registry registry.dataset_metrics(uuid='3f8a1297-3259-4700-91fc-acc4170b27ce')
from pygbif import species species.name_suggest(q='Puma concolor')
from pygbif import occurrences occurrences.search(taxonKey = 3329049) occurrences.get(taxonKey = 252408386) occurrences.count(isGeoreferenced = True)
- License: MIT, see LICENSE file
- Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.