When you submit a PR you’ll see a template that pops up - it’s reproduced here.
- Provide a general summary of your changes in the Title
- Describe your changes in detail
- If the PR closes an issue make sure include e.g., fix #4 or similar, or if just relates to an issue make sure to mention it like #4
- If introducing a new feature or changing behavior of existing methods/functions, include an example if possible to do in brief form
- Did you remember to include tests? Unless you’re changing docs/grammar, please include new tests for your change
We’re using nose for testing. See the nose docs for help on contributing to or writing tests.
Before running tests for the first time, you’ll need install pygbif dependencies, but also nose and a couple other packages:
$ pip install -e . $ pip install nose vcrpy coverage
The Makefile has a task for testing under Python 3:
$ make test